Tuesday 12 April 2011

Microderma Facial

On Saturday I went for my Microdermabrasion facial at Lulu Beauty Lounge in Bromley. I must admit I don't have regular facials and I don't really look after my skin either! I told Claire, my therapist, that I sometimes use face wipes to take my make-up off.... she was disgusted! haha. You'll see if after using face wipes you then use cleanser, that all wipes do is move the makeup around your face and block your pores up. So I was well over-due a facial, and even better Microdermabrasion because it is really deep cleansing.

Microdermabrasion by Skin Base is a system where ultra fine crystals are used to resurface the skin. How it works is, the machine which looks like a pen, vacuums to increase circulation (which produces natural collagen) and uses little crystals to exfoliate. The crystals remove dead skin cells without damaging your skin by gently removing the top layers to leave you with the new skin cells, younger looking and firmer skin. It is an alternative to having a chemical peel, which sounds a bit harsh on your skin to me! I had a half hour treatment and it doesn't hurt at all. I don't know why but I was imagining it to be painful and that my face would be raw and bright red haha! But it isn't painful at all you can barely feel it actually! My skin felt hot afterwards but I didn't look red. My cheeks were rosy the next day and I didn't want to wear any make-up for the rest of the weekend but just because my skin looked so healthy I wanted to leave it looking glowy.

The effects are immediate, straight after my face was baby soft and a couple of blemishes I had were almost completely gone (and today have). They recommend that you moisturise and stay out of the sun for the next 48 hours after. I have a really good moisturiser that I LOVE too so I will tell you about that soon...

I am 100% going to be addicted to having Micro facials and I would really recommend that you try it. It removes any blackheads and leaves you absolutely glowing in a way that a normal facial can't because this goes deeper than the surface so effects are much longer lasting! I still look like I've just had a facial and it's 3 days later. I'm going to really look after my skin now and properly cleanse and tone religiously. You can have microderma facial every 7-10 days and can be used to treat uneven skin tone, dull skin, wrinkles, pigmentation, blemishes and acne. 

I've never had naturally amazing looking skin, but I want it and this is definitely going to be the way that I achieve it! Lulu beauty lounge is a really friendly salon to go to have a look on their website for their list of treatments. http://www.lulubeautylounge.co.uk/ They often have special offers on too, follow them on Twitter @lululounge for their promotions!

Mischief and Makeup!xx


No comments:

Post a Comment